Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ladyninja
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
First Full Frame: 5D2 or 5D3?
May 13, 2012

I have a Canon 7D and have no desire to sell it. The crop factor is extremely useful to me when shooting horses and I actually use the 8FPS. However, I have wanted a full frame for a long time. I need something with higher IQ that works better indoors and has less of an issue with noise. This is where a full frame comes in.

I'd been all set to nab the 5D2 as soon as the 5D3 came out and it dropped in price. But then I saw that the 5D3 had the AF system I needed to shoot moving targets. I'm mostly a hobby photographer and rarely make money off of the pictures I take (it has happened, but this isn't my main source of income). I take a lot of pictures of things that require a fast and accurate focus or else the shot will be lost. Financially I can get a used 5D2 no problem. It would slightly inconvenience me to get a 5D3, but it isn't wildly out of my price range.

Which one is more worth the cost? The soonest I'd be adding it to my collection is July. Should I pay the extra to get the focus system that I need or save the money and make due with missing a lot of shots?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow