This thread is locked.
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 32,305
Re: OP is right. There are no Canon Trolls in the Nikon Forums
In reply to qianp2k, May 13, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

I don't want to name them

of course not

but we have heard many complaints such as this one that many Nikon trolls in this Canon forum.

Have 'we', but no-one offered any evidence as to who these people might be?Might it be that they don't exist.

My definition of pure Nikon shooters are those who shoot basically exclusively with Nikon gears. So if someone still has a 20D or Rebel 350D in home but mostly shoot D800/D700/D7000/D5100/D3100 etc are in my definition. I define myself a pure Canon shooter despite I still own Nikon D50 + 18-70 DX as latter sitting on my shelf for years.

So, how many such people are there? Of course, if you don't name names, we only can take your word for it. The trouble is, your word mght not be the same as someone else's.

I also include those who might own Canon APS-C models but never own or experience Canon FF models (and 99% of them have not owned D800) so they have no ideas how D800 is better than 5D3/5D2 in real world but still crazily advertising D800. I don't think you can effectively claim D800 is way better than 5D3/5D2 based on paper spec or DPR/IR lab samples unless you spend some time with both systems in real fields.

Again, who would that be? Most of the vocal people I have seen here are 5D or 5DII owners, who are you thinking of who is not? Oh, of course you can't name names. Convenient that, isn't it?

bobn2 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

However, what you see here is very little of Nikon users talking of the superiority of the D800,

I actually saw many pure Nikon shooters or some dual-system owners but without owning any cameras in 1D/5D series jumped in this Canon forum to boast D800.

Like who, for instance?
--
Bob

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Bob

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow