This thread is locked.
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 26,224
Re: OP is right. There are no Canon Trolls in the Nikon Forums
In reply to David Hull, May 13, 2012

David Hull wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

chironNYC wrote:

The OP is completely right about this. There is no equivalent in the Nikon forums to the trolling we get here--in the Nikon forums, you don't see endless, constant posting by Canon users talking about the superiority of the 5d3.

Actually, in the days when Canon made clearly better cameras than Nikon there was a lot of that, (well not the 5DIII, obviously, but whatever the Canon top dog of the time was).

However, what you see here is very little of Nikon users talking of the superiority of the D800, what you get are Canon users talking of the virtues of the D800, because they were expecting canon to produce something similar.

With the exception of the DR performance at low ISO, they are actually quite similar. I guess even the price is the same in your neck of the woods anyway.

Indeed they are quite similar. The plusses of the D800 are the DR that you speak of, the 36MP and the cleverer auto ISO - all big things for me, because they add up to allowing me to work the way that I want to. They are probably not for others. The plusses of the 5DIII are mainly that it is a faster, more dynamic camera, and much better low light video, none of those too important for me.

Still, most of the heated arguments start with people trying to make false claims about the relative performance of these two similar cameras. Typical ones were that the 5DIII has two stops better 'high ISO' than the D800 and that there is a requirement to use tripods, etc with the D800, amongst other things. I don't think I have seen similar calumnies directed at the 5DIII either here or the other place.
--
Bob

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow