ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vbhr
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Which 70-300ish?
May 13, 2012

Hi

I have an A65. I don't really shoot long lenses as a matter of course, so the collection of Zeiss and the better non-Z Sony glass I've already collected attests to that. However I'd like at least one lens to cover the further end of the focal length range.

I don't have any third-party lenses yet so don't know what to expect from Sigma etc. Skillwise not a pro however, completely a casual amateur in the P&S vein.

Things I value are obviously IQ at as wide-open as possible, but also compactness and lightness. Is the SAL-75300 a false economy buy in terms of IQ? The 70300G on the other hand is probably more than what I'd like to spend on something that'll be sitting in the closet for 99%+ of the time, and it's also a bit on the porky side for my liking - e.g. carrying the 2470Z (though it is a tad heavier than even the 300G) really gets on my nerves after a while. I'd consider a superzoom if it's not a worse performer at the longer lengths as that's all I'd want it for.

vbhr's gear list:vbhr's gear list
Leica X2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony a6000
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow