Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: Fred...
In reply to Steve1307, May 13, 2012

Steve1307 wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Skip py wrote:
Hi ! Thanks for the answer !

The aperture changes on the camera as you turn the aperture ring. I also use my Pentax lenses on my Sony NEX 5N without any issues.

You mean that the aperture is also recorded in the RAW file ? I should have a look, even if I'm a bit scared of breaking my lenses I'm quite clumsy, you know !

Hi Fred,

You can test how they work (before modifying yours) by pressing the the lens lock button and turning the lens about 10 degrees CCW. Now you can use them without pressing the green button. Simply set your aperture at the lens, focus, and shoot.

Note: If you don't want to cut off the aperture lever then you can drill a new lens lock hole in your lens at the 10 degree point as described above.

Ron

Nice tip Ron. will have to try that.

I have the Revuenon version which is pretty much identical to this lens (lever still intact)

It is great fun to use, dreamy bokeh, but when using it close you really need a decent focussing screen, or alternatively use live-view.

Different character to the Pentax K 1.2 and a slightly longer min. focus dist of 0.6m
oh, and generally they go for about 1/2 the price of the Pentax.

Thanks for the tip Ron ! I'll have to try that too.

I have an older Porst that is not too bad ... it was a bargain compared to these beauties : the filter thread was damaged but that was not really a problem for me

Still a pleasure to play with such thin DOF and bokeh
Regards, fred

Skip py's gear list:Skip py's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow