Nikonrumors see the D600 as more likely and gives more specs

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
SNRatio
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
Example of successful product differentiation by Nikon..
In reply to Cha Chief, May 13, 2012

Cha Chief wrote:

Man I just looked at the Nikon Rumors website. If this D600 camera prediction is right, that is no more than a potential 24mp D7000. They can have that stuff. If I wanted a D7000, 16mp is plenty for me. I think most people are interested in 8fps and at least the same auto-focus accuracy and tracking ability as the D300 with better ISO performance than the D300. My D5100 gets almost 5fps. 1 extra frame per second ain't going to motivate me to spend money. 4 extra fps will. Man the D4 is starting to look more attractive every day. I just don't feel like spending 6gs.

You just provided an example of how Nikon's product differentiation is very successfull

I would be very happy to get a double D5100 sensor, and the D800 seems to be even better than that. But I also need speed, and the D400 will give me that. If Nikon chooses pixels over fps in that model, I'll really regret it - and it may keep me from buying it. But a 16MP upgrade of the D300 will be just fine. If my D300 had the sensor qualities of my D5100, I would never have sold it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow