Thinking of staying with my d700 thanks for delaying b&h

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,319Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of staying with my d700 thanks for delaying b&h
In reply to The Photo Ninja, May 12, 2012

The supposed D600 is coming out this summer, so that could be a good video body with an FX chip... not sure if i would get the d800 for video alone. Then there is the D5200 that should be great with the swivel LCD.

The Photo Ninja wrote:

Today I was in glazers camera in Seattle...I hope the are around for many years to come.

They had a demo d800 but were out of stock of ones for sale. It's a beauty... I can see the appeal, but the d700 is still one heck of a camer.

Why would I upgrade? Video. However, for shooting family videos, the af will not be fast enough.

However, I found another toy there, that I believe if utilized properly, will produce far better video for action - an canon xf100. I took some test footage next to my AVCHD Sony camcorder that I'll be playing with later.

If it weren't for BH delaying, I wouldnt have had the time to look at all my options. Who knows, I might even cancel my d800 order.

I must say though, that the d800 I shot with had no AF problems and the screen looked fine.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow