there is something missing with digital photography and I know what it is..

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: U also missed the point
In reply to Mako2011, May 12, 2012

Mako2011 wrote:

Mark Smith wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Mark Smith wrote:

I was just explaining tin type was the 'photo me' booth of the day not a quality product, something Mako was unaware of until today.

I think that's why Barrie Davis made his points as the OP's example seems far from one of the quality products I now am very very slightly better able to recognize. You can't just worry about the "process" and put little effort into composition and such...it will show.

Sheesh Mako there isn't a FACEPALM big enough!
boy oh boy I'm outta here

You also seem unable to grasp the challenge and effort that goes into an art form you are unfamiliar with. In that way we were much alike though I seemed to have learned a thing or two. I think that may be why you have stagnated a bit while I learned something here.

http://blog.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/?p=521

How is his concentration on his form of art "stagnation?" It seems you are thinking that you've "moved on" and place more value on Photoshop. That's fine...but create you're own art. Trying to recreate a process in Photoshop doesn't put you ahead of the curve. It means you don't have the vision to create something new, while you also don't have the skill to master the real thing.

Like I said.....you show up with your DSLR and fake it in Photoshop. I'll show up and use a view camera and do the real thing. Each of us can bill appropriately. I know who can bill more

If you really want to learn something from this dialog, and I don't believe you really do....then ask yourself why one is valued over the other.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Art?New
And?New
EditNew
yepNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow