Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,741Gear list
Like?
Re: A57 or A65
In reply to PhotoCycler, May 12, 2012

PhotoCycler wrote:

I've actually never heard anyone say that, but if so, it may have come from A55 or A57 users rationalizing their purchase decisions. I've heard people say that if you want the A57, you better not even try the A65 because you won't want to settle for the A57's viewfinder after seeing the A65's.

I actually have by Amazon reviewer .. that why I was asking. Has anyone tried them side by side? (not counting the older A55 EVF)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SLT-A57-Translucent-Technology-Panorama/product-reviews/B007ILK234/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

"I am not a professional photographer but I would like to say something about my comparison of the slt a57 and the slt a65. I may be crazy but I cannot tell the difference in the oled viewfinder and the supposed lesser tech slt a57 viewfinder. both are great. the resolution of the slt a57 is better at iso 3200 and above. the slt a57 has 12 fps with the 1.4 crop and the slt a65 does not. the slt a57 has the slt a65 body which is very ergonomic. there is 200.00 price difference. I would take the slt a57 for the 12fps 1.4 crop alone. my d700 will not take sports pictures that are better than the slt a57 except at very low light. I use the tamron 70-300 usd and the sony 16-50 and it is a beautiful combination. the focus on both cameras is faster than my d700 and the continuous af is outstanding. you cannot go wrong with the slt a57."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow