T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,631
Like?
Re: New Canon Micro 4/3 on the horizon?
In reply to danijel973, May 12, 2012

danijel973 wrote:

T3 wrote:

danijel973 wrote:

My main system is 35mm Canon and I would never buy an EVIL that uses EF lenses. It's just crazy, they are too big for that. The lenses have to be max. Leica M size.

You don't buy EF lenses to use on a mirrorless camera. You use your existing EF lenses on a mirrorless camera because you happen to already have those lenses.

But why would I want to do that? I already have a 5d to use with those lenses when I don't mind the bulk and weight. But buy a tiny body and then couple it with a EF 17-40, that's so crazy.

You still don't get it. I have a 40D, 60D, and 5D. And I still see the value of using an E-PM1. Why? Because there are times when some of us do mind the bulk and weight. And heck, sometimes, you just do things because it's there, it gets the job done, and it works. It's called mental flexibility.

I think you're just being a bit inflexible with your thinking. I think a lot of us just see all these lenses and bodies as tools in our tool box, and we want to feel free to pick and choose and combine these various tools as we see fit. It's like a grown man's Lego set. A rigid kid might cry and scream, "Wah! No, you can ONLY use this piece with that piece! It's crazy to do anything else! Wah!" Meanwhile, the rest of us just say, "Chill out, kid, I can put any piece together with any other piece I want."

Besides, I never said anything about the 17-40/4L. Why? Maybe it's because I already have an m4/3 lens to cover that range. I mentioned the Canon 85/1.8 and the 28-75/2.8 because I don't have those lenses for m4/3. I own these lenses for the EF mount, I have an EF-to-m4/3 adapter, it would be useful for me to be able to put it on my E-PM1, so I did it. Simple.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow