Real world example - lifting shadows

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hans Kruse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,068
Like?
Re: Real world example - lifting shadows
In reply to rwbaron, May 12, 2012

rwbaron wrote:

Excuse my ignorance on LR but if I understand correctly what I think you're saying one could upgrade to LR4 for the RAW engine and hand the file off to CS5 for further post work if needed assuming CS5 provides the capabilities one needs. Am I correct?

For right now ACR 6 (with PC CS5) in the latest incarnation would do that too. But the engine in ACR 6 does not allow editing of PV2012. So just before I upgraded to CS6 i noticed that LR4 would hand off to CS5 and open with ACR6. So only ACR 7 is really having all the same features as LR4. But for now this does not matter. If LR comes out of synch with ACR 6 then that is not really a problem since LR would do the rendeing and build a TIFF file which is then handed off to PS CS5. But there are certain functions that would no longer work when they are out of synch. At least that was the case with LR3 and CS3 and if I remember correctly it was panoramas and HDR and open as layers. But this is just from memory.

But you don't need to upgrade CS5 in order to use LR4.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow