Portrait Critique

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
emufdi
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: Portrait Critique
In reply to RetiredInFlorida, May 12, 2012

You've got quite the eye for detail.

My work is just for fun; I like trying out the high-end retouching techniques since they provide the best results.

I wasn't sure if I should retain the nose line or not; I think I need to review some anatomy

I did think the cheek bone was a little too rounded if that is what you are referring to. Is there a workflow order structural adjustments have to be placed in? After I have so many groups and layers I worry that doing a liquify or free transform will mess up my other adjustments.

My wife is a little peeved I spent so much time retouching so I probably won't do any more editing right now. But these are great suggestions when I get a chance to "finalize" this picture.

I didn't actually like the original picture all that much. It was in someone else's studio and not my setup.

I am curious about DOF comment. With beauty images I see a DOF around 8, which I assume is because they want the entire face to be sharp since so much of the picture is about perfect yet visible skin pores.

Thanks for your comments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow