Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,648
Like?
Re: Heh, heh, he
In reply to Chato, May 12, 2012

Chato wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

What he is talking about is the naturalistic fallacy in philiosophy in which "natural" equates "good" or "how it is supposed to be". It is one of the many ways to circumvent what is at stake. Nature is not at stake. Nature is no entity and it does not care about anythong of course. What people mean when they say "natural" is just another way what in their mind should and should not be allowed. Just like religion, a doctrine etc. And always it means that indvidual rights or preferences are not fully or partially accepted.

There are two same sex people who want to have intercourse. There is no problem as long as one of the two is not forced to do so. Not a single person is hurt, no ones lifes is at stake. Nothing. Simply the views of some what should and should not be allowed. Nothing more, nothing less.

There's are other on-going threads on this subject...

In one of them started by Woody, he points out that gay sex is completely "unnatural."

I was inspired to point out how often I engage in "Unnatural Sex" with my girlfriend. Sex with no aim to reproduce or propogate...

Well that goes to my argument that if gay marriage should be made illegal on the grounds that gays can't propagate then all marriages that result in no children should be nullified and heavily taxed to compensate for economic and social benefits of marriage. Women who exceed child bearing age with children old enough to leave home should also be separated from their husbands. Baron couples should be banned from union without pity. After all it just ain't natural.

Now not that long ago, the above kind of sex was illegal. In fact, there are laws on the books in some states that STILL make it illegal. Of course, these laws are not enforced. In fact, I do believe the Supreme Court rulled them unconstitutional.

Did anyone complain about the Courts rulling?
"Activist Judges?"

For some reason the poltical right hasn't yet made a big deal of this - Although I wonder what would happen if we asked Romney?

They couldn't. Too many closeted gay republicans. Many of them rich (not having kids can give you a heck of a lot of investment capitol) and as such influential in the Republican mechanism to protect their corporate interests.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow