Switching Profiles on the Fly with NEC PA271W

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 10,991
Like?
Re: Switching Profiles on the Fly with NEC PA271W
In reply to JayMitch, May 12, 2012

JayMitch wrote:

Hoping somebody can answer this for me. I have an NEC PA271W monitor which I love . While looking for other information I stumbled upon this article...

http://www.imagescience.com.au/kb/questions/142/How+To+Calibrate+An+NEC+Monitor+With+SpectraView+II

In it they discuss creating a custom display profile using SpectraView that better represents their chosen paper (in this case a cotton rag, with warmer color temp lower screen brightness and lower contrast to match). I think this is a great idea, but given it's not the right environment for editing all the time I want to be able to quickly switch between something like this and the standard 6500K/120cd/m2 setting.

I've tried NEC's MultiProfiler but this seems to muck up my calibrated settings from SpectraView and I don't appear to be able to have multiple custom profiles to chose from on the fly. Does anybody work this way and how do you do it?

I don’t understand your problem. I run several profiles using SpectraViewII. I have one for general photo editing at 140 cd/m², and two for printing at D65 and D50, both at 80 cd/m². Switching isn’t instantaneous, but it only takes a few seconds. I don’t know anything about NEC’s Multiprofiler.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow