B&H Photo, the 25 f/1.4 on backorder, a question?

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H Photo, the 25 f/1.4 on backorder, a question?
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, May 12, 2012

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

Thank you for taking time to answer...

I'm in Iceland ... B&H Photo say that for international orders they will charge the credit card immediately... and ship the lens when they get it...

That's not correct. B&H say they'll take your credit card details, and charge the card when they ship it. I know, because I ordered one on Friday. Coming to Australia. I bought the silver OM-D on Thursday, and ordered the 45mm F/1.8 prime where I bought the camera in Melbourne Australia. I got the black 12-50 lens with it ... I suspect the silver lens looks better, but then again, this looks great. I also bought two good filters for the 12-50 lens.

In Australia, the 45mm is about the same price as from B&H. But the 25mm Leica/Panasonic lens here, is 40% more in price. The 25mm lens is much more expensive than in Asia too compared to the USA prices.

I believe the lens is worth it, although I do have an 11-22mm 43 lens, which is very good glass. But its F/3.5 at 22mm. Perhaps I may get away without the costly 12mm. 25mm is almost too close for many shots ... although with my 11-22mm, I did take many shots at either 11mm, or 22mm. I suspect the lens is really excellent value. I am surprised too by the quality if the 12-50 lens ... but I have hardly used the camera yet.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow