D7000 - focusing issue

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
LJohnK2
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 - focusing issue
In reply to Govind Chellappa, May 12, 2012

Govind Chellappa wrote:

I have borrowed a d7000 to test it before i buy it. I have been Shooting with single point AF. When the subject is a reasonable portion of the frame, it focuses well. But when is zoom out and shoot, it more often than not focuses on the background. Checked all settings but they seem ok. Could be a camera problem? been dropped 2-3 times am told. Or lens? I am using a 70-200 VR

I just had the pleasure of putting a D7000 through the paces against a D5100.....the 70-200 is a lens I don't own but the store let me use one....focus was fast and tack with the D7k....even when letting the body choose which cross point (as per Mako's figure above)....provided the intended subject had contrast of course.

Sounds like the body you borrowed has been dropped one to many times.....wouldn't waste your time with it.

-- hide signature --

LJohnK

LJohnK2's gear list:LJohnK2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow