Canon SX40 & Sony HX200

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,329Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon SX40 & Sony HX200
In reply to tclev6, May 12, 2012

My pleasure tclev6 . Though to make things clear I have no experience with the HX200V, I have just read the reviews and possibly thrown in just a smidgeon of prejudicel. I am though baffled why there are so many pixels on the HX200V and what they are for. I would presume the lens would struggle to resolve this level of detail even if the sensor could see this clearly. The Sony marketing people seem to think if they say "I bless this chip and call it Exmor" the laws of physics relating to signal to noise problems for the miniscule pixels will just disappear in a puff of magic.

tclev6 wrote:

Thank you vaboater and greynerd as well...that's exactly what I was wanting to hear, your honest opinions and experience with these cameras...makes sense now why the Canons AF works the way it does. The Sony is looking less and less appealing I have to admit especially considering the huge price difference.

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow