Kirk Tuck is at again OM-D

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,916Gear list
Like?
Re: blog design needs work
In reply to Kirk Tuck, May 12, 2012

Kirk Tuck wrote:

I keep hearing from iPad users that the site is slow or buggy but I keep hauling out my iPad 2 and Retina models and they work really well. I suspect that it's the 3G connections. The site flies on my iPads and on an Android tablet (NOT KINDLE FIRE) when I'm in a wi-fi zone with a recent implementation of wi-fi, like 801.11n and a big incoming pipe. It's just my opinion but I'm using Safari on the iPad so I think I'm using the same App and OS as everyone else. But whatever is slowing it down right now on some machines will certainly be fixed in short order by Google.

Same problem here with my iPad2, although I'm not on 3G connection, but on a wifi connection on a home network (8.11n) which is usually fast. However, after transferring my blog to google I noticed that I ad the same problems.

One not yet mentioned problem is that the script size is quite small for an iPad, but when you are reading a content in the window, you can't increase the size if the text, like you can on the main page. The (mostly working) workaround for the impossibility to scroll down is to reload the page.

Btw, I enjoy reading your blog, I appreciate your writing style a lot.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OMGNew
LOL!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow