OM-D vs E-3/E-5

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
BamaPanda
Senior MemberPosts: 2,145Gear list
Like?
Re: All the replies offer good insight and information
In reply to Jim Holloman, May 12, 2012

Love to see all that 'new' in a 620 sized (or even slightly larger) body ..the new E7.
If Pentax can do it with a K5 ...surely Oly can!

Jim Holloman wrote:

You discovered my dilemma.

I have E-3 with 50mm, 14-54, 12-60 and 50-200. I was wondering if I should sell that equipment and move entirely to E-M5. I had not considered the possibility of an E-7. I had looked upon the E-5 as the "end of the line" for that series.

But, as you say, wait! It seems it would not take much change to the E-5 to incorporate the new 16 MP sensor, along with some of the other new stuff, that would allow the image quality of an E-7 to equal, or surpass, the image quality of the E-M5. Then, the main advantages of the E-M5 would be mostly cost, weight, and bulk. On the other side of the coin, the E-7 would provide certain advantages.

It appears that the u43 development is going to fulfill the original promises of the 43 system. I find it both exciting -- and costly. Too much new stuff available to temp me to drain my bank account.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow