Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nippondenso
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Anyone else bored with their D800?
May 12, 2012

After having this camera for a couple weeks and shooting the hell out of it in pretty much all shooting situations, I seem to be somewhat bored with it. Yeah, I know the AF is kick-butt awesome and rarely missing a beat. The ISO performance is good enough. The images are great and all that, but the added workflow produced by this camera over a 12-16MP body seems a bit overkill.

This is in no way a knock on the D800 as it is an amazing body. As I said, it is an amazing camera and works better than advertised, but after spending $3,000 for the body and buying a half dozen 32GB cards, the added cost of ownership doesn't seem logical. Maybe I'm just being too logical and looking at the D800 as another tool in my box to get the job done. That's just it, I was content with 12MPs and bought into the D800 new gear hype and the lure of 36MPs. To me the D800 is a tool in my box that will be passed over more often than not.

Maybe the D800 is going to be that unwanted stepchild that wants to fit in but can't?

Why did I buy the D800? At this point I really don't have a justifiable reason to lie to myself to make me feel better.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow