Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,890
Like?
5D dilemma - Advise Please
May 12, 2012

I am sending myself crazy deciding which camera to buy, I found buying my house or a car much easier!!!!!

I used to own a 7D and before that a 5DMKII, however last year I was seduced by the smaller mirrorless cameras, NEX 7. But found the lenses limiting and difficult to make a step down in quality.

So after a few months of research I bought the D800,however my maximum budget is £3500 and needed to add a lens. I tried the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 and I also got the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 in the hope that the Sigma (at half price) would be good enough. However unfortunately the Nikon wiped the floor with it. As such the Nikon would have meant I had spent £4000. I was offered £2900 for the D800 and so sold it last week.

I am now looking at the 5DMKIII with the 17-40 but that busts my budget and only leaves me with one wide angle lens!

I have already owned the 5DMKII and sold it a year ago so don't really want to go back to that. So my other option is the following :

7D + 18-55 f2.8 + 50mm f1.4 + 70-300L IS

What do you think to that option? and how much IQ will I loose with APS sensor?

These are the type of images I enjoy taking

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow