What makes Your morning/evening Hours Golden ?

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 15,271
Like?
What makes Your morning/evening Hours Golden ?
May 12, 2012

In the nature/landscape shooting that I do, the nature/quality of the light is an essential factor .

The "science" (if there really is one) seems extraordinarily complex, variable, unclear, unsatisfying ...

There are certain types of sky conditions that I have noted can be more conducive - but there seem to also be additional variable factors (such as the time of the year, and the angle of the sun).

Try as I may, my best notations of what worked in the past do not necessarily apply tomorrow ...

Yet, there is a certain glow on certain days/times that that seems quite evident to my eyes, and it seems (in my mind) that others (a painter, a stranger, a young child) can all readily perceive that !

Though such lighting conditions (at least) seem unmistakable , language seems to fall far short ...

Wavelengths, color temperatures, refractions, dispersions, are not truths that speak to the heart .

I can talk about clear horizons, light partial clouds, seasons, times, etc - but there is no set formula.

Question for you: Do you have a language describing how/why the light sometimes enchants us ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow