Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
korgro
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
X100 or OM-D
May 12, 2012

I'm planning on going on exchange to UK soon. I've got my d7000 with 2 full frame lenses. After going on holiday last time, it absolutely killed my shoulders carrying it for a whole week (and that was just with 1 lens). So this time around, I'm planning on getting something light and pocketable with good AF for when I feel like some street photography and explore the city etc.

I like the 35mm focal length, hence the X100 seemed like a good choice. It also has a bigger sensor and good noise performance. But I've it has trouble focusing in low light and the AF is not very accurate at times. What's everyone's opinion/experience with that?

The olympus is in the same price range. Smaller sensor but fast AF and interchangeable lens is quite nice. How does the image quality and DR compare with X100?

Don't really want the NEX-5n because it doesn't have a view finder. And the NEX-7 seems a bit more expensive. Worth the money?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow