Canon Mirrorless System Cam to be announced end May-June?

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
the mono eye
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: More importantly, can they do anything to make it interesting?
In reply to Nell27, May 12, 2012

mirrorless camera (regardless M43 or APS-C) has open up a market for those who always wanted to have good IQ but always step back due to the bulk of DSLR. it sits well between DSLR and enthusiast compact. And I would see the sales to be increase, especially for the ladies photographer who just don't want to walk around with DSLR. Most of my photography friend (ladies) has switch to mirrorless, because the design is more stylish and trending, smaller package, lighter, and still it gives the IQ which is same/similar to DSLR.

New photographer may dive straight into mirrorless instead of DSLR. existing DSLR user may buy mirrorless as their second camera (instead of enthusiast compact). Basically the market is there and it is really a big one. Thanks to the existence of entry level DSLR, people are more aware towards what a high-end camera can do for them. And if they do not mind the larger size (compared to compact camera), they don't mind jumping into the mirrorless camp and start shooting.

my personal opinion, DSLR market will not shrink. it will still grow, but the rate will surely slower as compared to mirrorless.

the mono eye's gear list:the mono eye's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow