M Monochrom review roundup

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
krloz
Regular MemberPosts: 389
Like?
Re: M Monochrom review roundup
In reply to come shine come rain, May 12, 2012

Well, for anyone that is interested in this camera, the best review I've read so far is the one published at Reid Reviews (www.reidreviews.com).

He does side by side comparisons between the MM and the M9 showing crops not only at 100% but also at 200%. Not that this pixel-peeping is relevant for the majority of us, but it is to a few. and those few are the targeted audience of the new MM.
It is a pretty long, thorough and enjoyable review.

Now, anyone that quotes Forbes, Slashgear, Engadget in their MM review round-up must not be serious. It is funny that he does not mention Reid Reviews on that roundup, even thought reidreview.com is mentioned in the.me list of Quality websites. go figure.

I for one would love to have the new MM, not for the resolution advantages (which is almost irrelevant to my printing as compared to M9's output) but I love the whole simplicity concept behind it. It feels like the perfect lifetime companion for a B&W lover. Not only that, I think it is a bold move from a camera manufacture to do such a think and I would love to support it... I just wish I had the funds... For now, I will stick with my M8u and converting RAW files using Silver Efex.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow