So no 'real' mirrorless from Leica...

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
deleted_081301
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?
Re: You simply don't understand the economics of luxury goods
In reply to szlevi, May 11, 2012

"A Lamborghini or Rolls are technically superior to your puny Honda" now thats a laugh ....Lamboghina were tractor manufacturers Rolls are limo cars for comfort and luxury not "Technology" honda on the other side have been technology leaders First in Motor cycles (Five cylinder 125cc four valves per cylinder in 1962) and then in Cars (Racing cars esp)Variable valve s etc ..... Lamboghina have not and never will be Ferrari ....

szlevi wrote:

A Lamborghini or Rolls are technically superior to your puny Honda, a Leica is not or at least so far no one was able to tell me how it is.

Also as I noted I have no problem with Leica ripping off rich people with less brain than money, that's fin

Bob Meyer wrote:

Yeah, right. I guess Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Bently are all in the dumps because they don't have volume sales . By any objective measure, those cars are all rip offs, too, but they continue to sell at prices and quantities that make their manufacturers significant amounts of money.

Mortons will never sell as many steaks as McDonalds sells hamburgers. Prada will never sell as many of it's several thousand dollar purses as JC Penny sells cheap bags. And Fossil will continue to sell more $100 watches than Jaeger-LeCoultre will sell $6,000 ones. But none of those luxury brands have anything to fear from their less expensive brethren.

I think you don't understand the economics of luxury goods.

szlevi wrote:

I mean you can keep ripping off people with more money than brain, that's fine but you need stable revenue from volume sales to cover your rising R&D costs - and within the rich it's an even smaller subset of loonies who can be ripped off TWICE or 3X raped from behind by selling them another outdated Monochrome crap for more than the already overpriced color one...

...just how big is this market? Last year they enjoyed a nice bump but they had the V-Lux and the M-9P wasn't 3 years old technology minus color filter... the V-Lux 3 is a decent compact superzoom but that's becoming another niche nowadays especially for almost $1k.

-- hide signature --

http://instagr.am/p/JvSMWFBYyl
(Now you cannot say I don't have a single pic! :P)

-- hide signature --

Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image, or the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light. Bokeh is not the same as depth of field (DOF).

-- hide signature --

http://instagr.am/p/JvSMWFBYyl
(Now you cannot say I don't have a single pic! :P)

deleted_081301's gear list:deleted_081301's gear list
Olympus C-4000 Zoom Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1s Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow