Every result I get from D800 BLOWS ME AWAY!! - 12 img

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,960Gear list
Like?
Re: Every result I get from D800 BLOWS ME AWAY!! - 12 img
In reply to morpheus_23, May 11, 2012

morpheus_23 wrote:

Do you have a D800(e)? Did/do you own a 5dMark ll?

No I do not own a Nikon, yes I do own a 5D2 .

You might as well resort to "Ophra said.....Dr. Oz said...." if your gonna grill me because of reviews.

I used the 5D Mark ll for 3 years. Now I own a D800e. I'm amazed and I'm enjoying the camera.

No offense intended, as I said in my post I'm not "grilling" you on any of this, just curious if the resolution difference really is that great because from every sample and test I've seen (by folks who compare this stuff for a living) AND printed, the results are incremental at best. Yet many claim it's like jumping from a Yugo to a Corvette in resolution difference. Not bashing, just iinterested. I'm not lukcy enough to own the D800 and do a comparison myself.

Somehow I just wonder if as photographers we get overly worked up over minutia, like car nerds going bananas because they shaved 1/10th of a second off their quarter mile times. To the rest of the world, they say "big whoopee, it's 1/10th of a second...I can't even feel that difference when I drive it".

I have a 5D2 and a 5D, and I can totally confess the actual resolution difference is not that great between 12 and 21mp. Measurable yes, but it's not going to blow any of my clients away.

Enjoy the camera, it's a fine shooting machine.
--

My sites:
http://www.gipperich-photography.com
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits

gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow