Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fabgo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294
Like?
J&R Warning
May 11, 2012

A note of caution about J&R. I think this store has very poor customer service and a very poor return policy. I returned a Nikon 35mm f/1.4 lens that I tested and deem defective. J&R tests the lens and claims it is good, and decides to deduct 15% from my refund (over $240 - not small change). I ask them to send the lens back instead (I will send it in to Nikon for evaluation/repair). Given that we obviously disagree on the quality of this lens I think that would have been a fair solution. But J&R refused.

They claim I have a high return rate and the manager accuses me of being dishonest and does not want my future business!

I previously returned a Panasonic GX1 kit which included the 14-42 X pancake zoom lens. I tested it and was having lots of issues with lens blur. This is a well known problem with this lens, written about extensively on this forum. In this case I even phoned Panasonic support and they asked me to return the product!

I also returned a Panasonic 25mm that was having very clear decentering issues, that I posted about previously. I admit I do test camera equipment carefully to make sure it is in working order. But I think that is fair. I have been burned in the past by buying lenses that later turn out to be defective and require expensive repairs.

I think in this case I have just been unlucky in the products that I have received, but to be branded as dishonest by J&R is way out of line.

-- hide signature --

Fabian

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow