Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tclev6
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
Canon SX40 & Sony HX200
May 11, 2012

Hello everyone...I posted in the Sony forum a few days ago about these two cameras. I had a Sony HX100v and it's performance was very good. However, since my son took it back to college, I need a new camera and I'll have to say, the Canon SX40 is getting my attention. My question to you all that have had this camera and perhaps the Sony HX100v or 200v involves the supposedly "slow" performance of the Canon. How does it compare with the Sony? Is the AF REALLY that slow it justify's spending $90 more for the Sony? How do you like the new processor of the Canon? Image quality? Zoom speed?

I appreciate your feedback in helping me make my decision. I mainly will use the camera for photos of kids, pets and of course wildlife so I need something that will keep up with them. I just don't know if the extra money for the Sony is worth it in the long run...it is my hope to hear from those that have had both of these cameras and can give me an honest perspective.

Thank you so much for reading this!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow