Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,387
Like?
OM-D iBIS testing.
May 11, 2012

There you go, IS is finally useful. I can blur the water and keep the background sharp without a tripod. I'd call that sharp, telegraph poles in the distance are fine. I hate IS for normal lengths, it makes useless shots not good enough. This time, I'd say it works. What I hoped for from the E3 in 2007 and did not get. This was not held steady - I was standing in the sea, in a rush, in a temper, working against time, with Eva shouting and demanding things juts behind me.

Also, this shot was a the overexposed one of a three bracket set. So full marks to the Oly for two things - firstly, I should not have been in that situation. I've got used to the GH2 strolling alone, the OM-D, like the D3, will catch that prefect wave moment for you at 9fps, which is what I should have been using, and then I would not have been rescuing an over-exposed shot. Secondly, the rescue was a doddle. There's no CSx work here, just a quick grad in PS. Contrast curve has been whacked to X, ground brought up two stops, sky down 1. Not perfect, but I could and will use this and probably make money. Next time I'll get the exposure right in the first place (at 9fps).

Below the main shot is the E3 IS attempt at the same thing. OM-D wins by miles (and the e3 had a 12mm).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow