My full review of the new X2 is up!

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ming Thein
Senior MemberPosts: 1,916Gear list
Like?
Re: It doesn't fit.
In reply to tinpusher, May 11, 2012

The X1 even with 2.0 was slow. I sold mine.

I've been telling anybody who'll listen about the potential for an X-camera with a 50mm or longer equivalent, but it seems it's fallen on deaf ears. That focal length (separation), that sensor and the 1/2000s flash sync with the leaf shutter opens up a lot of creative possibilities - things that can't easily be done with other cameras.

How do you find IQ on the G1x? I'm curious, but not curious enough to buy one (since nobody locally will lend me one to review).

tinpusher wrote:

Ming Thein wrote:

From what I understand from the local dealers here, the OM-Ds are selling in droves, but they haven't moved more than a small handful of G1x cameras. Even the X-Pro seems to be widely available - but that could be because of better stock availability than popularity.

No idea about X1/X2 sales.

I'm sure that G1X sales are slow given the qualified reviews and high price although I was quick to buy one. As an X1 owner , I had hoped that the X2 would have contained a similar lens to that in the G1X but .. hey ho .. Leica are playing the branding game again time for the red dot lovers to fill the coffers.

I read some nonsense about the slow Canon AF and its comparable IQ.

Compared to my X1 with firmware v2.0 my Canon focuses more quickly and as for IQ - the Canon RAW files are up there with the Leica files although maybe a tad more resolution.
Surely an X2 with a small tele would have been possible.

-- hide signature --

Leica Camera brand ambassador and NPS member.
Portfolio and photographic musings at http://www.blog.mingthein.com

Ming Thein's gear list:Ming Thein's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D700 Nikon D3X Leica S2 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow