Shots with 400mm f/5.6 & 7D - C&C welcome

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,230
Like?
Re: Just one more thing
In reply to Zee Char, May 11, 2012

I think the primary reason for MA is to compensate for sloppy manufacturing process which I believe is improving. Canon and other companies have no choice but to release new lenses that can keep up to the modern digital sensor. Can't hide the flaws like in the film days.

Also the is variation in every manufacturing process on this planet and depending on the product there are tolerances. A company manufacturing rolling pins so granny can make cookies is not going to have tolerance as tight as someone manufacturing surgical equipment.

So your lens will have a tolerance and so will your body. A valid point is that the body may be at one end of the specs and the lens at the other. I seem to be doing OK by sending gear in. Also the issue of 3rd party lenses is a valid issue. One reason I stick to Canon. My only 3rd party is a Tokina 11-16.

I would not concern yourself so much with MA at this point and work on your techniques. If still concerned then maybe send it in but since you are from Canada as some questions before you do that.

-- hide signature --

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.

Homer Simpson

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow