My full review of the new X2 is up!

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ming Thein
Senior MemberPosts: 1,916Gear list
Like?
Thank you.
In reply to Priaptor, May 11, 2012

Whatever I review, I use the tools in my workflow to get the best possible images out of the camera - because at the end of the day, this is how I shoot, and this is how I make my living. If it doesn't work, then I don't use it - that simple.

Granted, with work, it's possible to make anything look like anything else, but if the raw material isn't there, you can't make it work.

I got great results out of the X100 but had to work for it and work around the camera; this cost me shots. There are some cameras which have lower image quality potential - like the Ricoh GRD-III - and require more work to get the same level of results - but I still use them because they are good enough, but above all, I enjoy using them. And that's not something that can be said of every camera. The NEX-5 is a good example: image quality potential is high, but it's not a very photographer-friendly camera. Another good example is macro work with an M9, but let's not even go there...fortunately the D800E excels at this and is friendly to use.

Ming

Priaptor wrote:

is you are an awesome photographer.

Let people flame and troll, but it is obvious you get results that 99% of the FUJI, Nikon and Canon set could only hope for with their so called "cheaper rigs".

Personally, I had an X1, enjoyed it, but was always asking myself, why am I using it instead of my M9-50 Summilux combination, so I sold my X1. Not because I was displeased with the images, which were wonderful, I just didn't find the need for it.

Thanks for the straight forward and honest opinion and most of all thanks for sharing those fantastic images.

-- hide signature --

Leica Camera brand ambassador and NPS member.
Portfolio and photographic musings at http://www.blog.mingthein.com

Ming Thein's gear list:Ming Thein's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D700 Nikon D3X Leica S2 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow