Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dominique Dierick
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,467Gear list
Like?
YOU may have a credibility problem at hand
In reply to Arretose, May 11, 2012

At first I thought your question was genuine, but the posting history and this answer makes me think you may run into a credibility problem.

First of all, let me assure you we are not all idiots as you seem to imply with this phrase:

'I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.'

Looking at your timeline, an incredible fortune to find 5 D800's in 10 days, an incredible misfortune to have them all fail.

Ordered 10 (!!!!) from Amazon in Feb (posted April 20), was still waiting for a D800 (April 24 - 26), did not yet get one from Pro Photo (Arpril 30), finally got one there May 01, found assumed AF problem with tabletop pics (May 02), returned it, canceled some outstanding D800 order (May 05), wrote you got your 4th faulty D800 (May 07) from various stores 'testing them all extensively' and returned them all for refund, and on May 10 gets your fifth D800 with problems.

Indeed waiting it out seems the better idea.

-- hide signature --

Nikon NPS member
D3s/D800/450D-IR/60Da/LX5

Dominique Dierick's gear list:Dominique Dierick's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow