Just put in an order for the NEX-7, migrating from Canon

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
creeker
Senior MemberPosts: 1,449
Like?
Re: Just put in an order for the NEX-7, migrating from Canon
In reply to Kjartan Albertsson, May 11, 2012

Yes, I understand how you feel. I went from a Nikon D300 to the Nex-7. When you first start out you can just set the camera to Auto mode until you learn what setting you like. It will do a fine job in Auto mode. That is how I started and now that I know the camera better I shoot in Aperture mode most of the time. Like anything else in the beginning it's a little confusing, but as you learn how to set up the different buttons, you'll learn what a powerful camera it is. As far as lens quality, don't let the negative nit picking about the kit lens and e mount lens throw you. In the real world the images will really please you. The resolution of the 24mp sensor will amaze you. You'll be able to take your holiday images and get some really large prints from them. I traded my D300 and lenses for the Nex-7 system, and the only regret I have is I wish that I knew about the Nex cameras earlier. Have a good holiday.
regards
Ed

PS, I like the Nex so much that I'm going to buy a Nex-5n under the pretext it's for my wife. I'm no fool.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow