Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyknrd
Contributing MemberPosts: 592Gear list
Like?
Strange 5Dlll in Thailand
May 11, 2012

I went into Bangkok today to check out a new Canon MarklV. Ended up buying a new Canon 300mm f2,8 ll lens. What a great piece of engineering that is. And sharper than my 300mm f2.8 IS USM also.

Anyway I went to several stores looking and they all had the Mark lll sitting on the shelves. Bodys as well as kits. The last place I stopped, where I bought the 300 had a slew of them. I finally asked the guy what was up. Also I asked him where the Nikon D800 was I wanted to see one.

His exact words to me in Thai. Was, we cannot sell the Mark lll. And the D800's are sold out before we get a shipment? I don't know if that is an indication of the sales or not? But here in Thailand they are in everystore. I asked him how much they were. After buying the lens. He said wait they will be on sale in a month or so, was his thinking.

So they aren't to popular over here anyway it looks like to me.

Anyone else notice that in Asia? Or is it just a freak thing I saw so many. Maybe a big shipment just came in or something?

garyknrd's gear list:garyknrd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Pentax K-5 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 300mm F2.8 APO EX DG HSM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow