Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Still making it up as you go.
In reply to TrojMacReady, May 11, 2012

TrojMacReady wrote:
stuff

You know, you're tossing out a lot of pure opinion here in a somewhat rude manner to Bjorn who did a fairly good job informing the OP. Yes, the Sony 35 is optically a pretty good lens for about the same price but it's build quality is close to trash. It might be the cheapest built lenses I've ever held not to be compared with the well designed and build Nikon for $195.

The fact that Canon may offer a wide lens with IS does not mean that IS is that important on fast wide glass. It means that so some IS is still a panacea for poor technique in many cases. Do you actually own any wide professional grade glass with stabilization? Many of us actually do and can relate to the need.

In body stabilization is also not a panacea. Sony Nex models have moved to in-lens as has Panasonic regardless of the reasons. Pro-grade glass often doesn't have it. Good technique is easy to learn and trumps VR/IS/OIS any time.

You're nit picking Bjorn when you suggest a working distance provided by a 100mm or longer macro is better and Bjorn says 85mm or longer. Who cares? It's just arguing for the sake of it. Do you know the actual working distance of the lens he suggested?

He says 2/3 stop to one stop and you say half a stop advantage of the D5100. I think he's closer to right but do you see the nit picking again? Why? Bjorn tends to be fair in most appraisals. I'm the one to tends to be biased against Sony. I think most Sonys are not the best choices for people unless they shop at Best Buy and other big box chains.

Try to be a little more honest and fair in your own appraisals before attempting to hound another.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow