Pana converters arrive

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,359Gear list
Like?
Re: Pana converters arrive
In reply to LMNCT, May 11, 2012

LMNCT wrote:

I worry less about using filters than keeping the converter attached to the lens ! It is so loose in the adapter ring that it falls out ! Panasonic needs to replace the adapter rings that are being supplied with the current crop of converter lenses. Has anyone got the Telephoto, Macro or Fisheye converters ? Are those as loose as the Wide Converter ?

The only WA converter I have was the one for the FZ50 - but that was 55mm and screwed straight into the filter ring. I would be very concerned about using step up or down rings, as the adaptor is designed to be used at a fixed distance from the main lens and even a small difference here will make a lot of difference to the images quality - certainly around the edges! IMHO, of course.

Re lens hood. Like the one shown the FZ50 WA had no hood attachment. I made a primitive push on one from some 2mm thick black foam urethane from a modelling shop. It sufficed. Make sure you give it a petal shape to avoid corner vignetting!

Mike
--
Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow