Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeCD2020
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Zeiss wide-open & D800
May 11, 2012

I have had the D800 for a little while now and I am more than happy with the image quality. For the images that I produce, I have the time and opportunity to shoot without AF... I generally shoot in manual or aperture priority a use the easy exposure compensation input. The only thing that i really set to auto is the iso shift values... and I decide as to the limits of what it does...

These two portraits were both shot wide-open... one with a 50mm the other with the 100mm. knowing what you want and using the technical limits of both camera and lens, can produce excellent results...

These images were both shot hand-held and wide-open, on reflection it may of been better to shoot at f2.8 or even f5.6 and let the iso go higher... but then again, that is why we shoot tests...

Shooting at this distance from the subject in these conditions, it would probably have ben better to shoot at f2.8 or evenf5.6 and let the iso go higher... especially when the D800 is so good with higher iso

Shooting wide-open on the 25mm Zeiss after sunset... at iso 100... this lens is quickly becoming indispensable...

I am continuing to test the D800 and the Zeiss lenses, and are really enjoying the way that Zeiss optics draw the image... but that is very subjective emoticon - wink

Mike

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow