So no 'real' mirrorless from Leica...

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Photo Grapher
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: WS Peter Nelson
In reply to Peter Nelson, May 11, 2012

Peter Nelson wrote:

Leica has alway's been mirrorless. I did not care for your opinions and I want you to come to understand this. You sound like a spoiled child, just how old are you anyway? I'd guess around 22yrs old.

If you actually had a Leica, which (BTW I do have 2 Leica's) then maybe your eyes would open up and see why people like them just the way they are.

One thing is clear to me you are uninformed. Leica is at first and foremost a lens manufacturing company. The original Leitz factory was founded around 1888 in Wetzlar Germany and they were among the world leaders in microscope manufacturing. The Leica cameras are made as an instrument to mount these lenses.

Leica photographers like to keep things simple and these M camera are just what they want. They use their own knowledge to get the images not computerized tools. Did you know that it was a Leica employee that invented 35mm cameras and it was Leica that invented Auto Focus? Leica deemed that the people who used their cameras had no need for AF and hence they sold it to Minalta, who in turn came out with the worlds first AF cameras using the Leica technology.
Leiuca does not need "pupies" like you. In fact you do not deserve a Leica.

A 256K LCD screen is working just fine on my Olympus E-P1 so I do not agree with you or DPR on that one.

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Well said.

One must know how is to use a Leica and why some like it.

Then one can have an well formed opinion to comment.

-- hide signature --

Perfection is achieved, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention

Photo Grapher's gear list:Photo Grapher's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow