My first bird shot with 7D

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Multi-SportsMom
Contributing MemberPosts: 593Gear list
Like?
Re: First hone your skills and settings
In reply to The_cheshirecat, May 11, 2012

The_cheshirecat wrote:

I am assuming this is the EF-S 55-250 IS, which is remarkably good for the price. I do agree it is lacking in reach for many applications and eventually you will want a longer lens if you are shooting wildlife like this bird.

While you are saving for that 981,974mm lens, try to get the best you can out of what you already have. It will pay of big time in the future.

Unless I misinterpreted you were using zone or all focal points for the posted pic. I suggest using a single focus point in situations like this. The busy patterns can result in the extraneous active focus point causing less than optimum focus when they register on the branches or other surrounding objects.

NOPE, I was using single point.

Using a single point often results in sharper pictures ad more consistent results. This in return would allow more cropping. And, like others have said most do crop to more or lesser degrees, sometimes severely.

Oops, almost forgot to mention: Well done!
--

I started in the 50's - my first picture was taken with a Leica and hooked me for life. I no longer use my Leicas, but I am still taking pictures. Some things never change.

Multi-SportsMom's gear list:Multi-SportsMom's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow