Which is easyest RAW coverter for D-700 ???

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
BrianSF
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: Which is easyest RAW coverter for D-700 ???
In reply to Mergenthaler, May 11, 2012

Most people are going to say Lightroom, Photoshop or Aperture because that's what they are using. A few will say Capture NX. Any of these programs will open and process RAW files. You then save them off as JPG or TIFF or some other formats. The "conversion" is not really a step, it's the saving that is what you do.

I use Lighroom. I think it's the most suited to the tools I need and find easiest to use at $150 is priced nicely. Photoshop CS5/6 has a whole lot more tools for manipulating the photo. At $700 and more complexity, I wouldn't start with Photoshop CS6. If you want to spend less, start with Photoshop Elements. A very nice program for less than $100. I think the workflow in Lightroom is easier. Lastly, Nikon Capture NX gives the best NEF raw conversion, but I find it's kind of clunky to use. I've given up. If you are a Mac user, there is also Aperture. I don't use it, but it's similar to Lightroom in workflow and less money.

In the end, you can download free demo versions of all these products and make up your own mind. I also suggest watching videos from the vendors and search for content on YouTube to give you and idea of how people use them.

Good shooting!

BrianSF's gear list:BrianSF's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow