HOW disappointed are you?

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
South Bird
Regular MemberPosts: 204Gear list
Like?
Re: "HOW disappointed are you?" (I am Not At All Disappointed)
In reply to BRJR, May 11, 2012

I am perplexed. Hyping a reconfiguration of old products without a significant upgrade of the weak features (LCD screens, etc.) is not a wise marketing move. Moreover, the Monochrome and a $7,200 summicron demonstrate that Leica is looking backward and at a very small niche within the already small existing Leica community.

How different the reaction and financial future would be if they took the legendary image quality of the sensor without the anti-aliasing filter and the superb lenses into a more progressive delivery package with a great LCD and improved DR and low light capabilities. There would be excitement and existing customers, as well as new ones, would be looking at getting into the system.

These releases show a re-use of old technology to try and flog a few more sales out of the same old products. It is not a good sign for the M-10.

The good news (I guess) is that I will not be tempted to upgrade my M9 if the M10 continues with minimal incremental improvements.

Leica needs some new blood in the development and marketing divisions. Blackstone, no doubt is watching!

South Bird's gear list:South Bird's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow