ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
crwilburn
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Inspired by Johan01 "5d2 still works"
May 11, 2012

Hello Johan, and others,

Thank you for sharing the photos in your thread . These are the images I keep striving to achieve. These photos, and others similar, are the reminders that I have so much more to learn.

I have a question for you and for others that I was going to post in your thread but decided to post here instead so I don't hijack the feedback of others for your images.

Are these shots right out of the camera? What i mean by that is; are you doing noticable tweeks in PP for these results or did you just get these "right" at the moment of capture. I've been reading about layers in PS lately and I've seen fine shots turned into amazing images. And, I recently saw a raw photo of an iconic Ansel Adams image that was somewhat forgettable in it's "from the camera" form.

Please don't take this as a knock in any way if you are doing some / lots of tweeks in PP. The images are beautiful whichever way you got there. What I'm trying to do, I think, is gauge my personal expectations. My PP skills are low low low so I keep trying to get the pic right from the camera. I make endless adjustments to understand light and exposure and while I have many nice pics I have nothing like what you have shared.

I think my bare bones question is... will I get more mileage in PP skills or in Camera skills?

Thanks for the thoughts.

-craig

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow