Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vijay Nanda
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
NEX 5 - Camer error
May 11, 2012

I have had NEX 5 for a year and half now and I thank myself for buying an extended warranty. The camera has inconsistent problem of getting locked up when shooting. The screen turns blue and flashes 'camera error'. You have to turn the camera off and turn it back on to start using it again. At times it works without this problem for days and then suddenly at a critical time it it starts again.

I have tried formatting and changing cards, batteries even removing and changing lenses and the problem keeps coming back. I had sent it in November to Precision camera for repairs and the work order showed that they had done some repair on LCD then. But the camera error message came back on while I was on vacation. Its back to precision camera again after it got completely locked up day before yesterday .

I used to like the camera.. it versatility and size and features and I have made substantial investment in various lenses including the 18-200 and the new bigger flash, but I am now beginning to question the reliability of it mechanics. It has failed me at critical time and therefore I use just as a back up because I am stuck with it.

Anybody out there with similar experience ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow