Weevil Macros Hand Held

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,135
Like?
Re: Weevil Macros Hand Held
In reply to Skip py, May 10, 2012

1) The subject moves

2) at 1:1 the SR isn't as effective as normal magnification photography... I've found in the past when going 2:1 if i could set the SR to 400mm i seemed to get better SR results however i never officially tested that theory.

so normally 1/160th sec would be fine with the 100mm macro with no SR and no wind, however at high magnification one cannot rely on the full effectiveness of the SR and one also has to consider subject movement.

Skip py wrote:

What's wrong with it ? I thought 1/200s for the 100mm macro should be ok ?
I found that 1/500s for a TC x1.5 and 200mm was almost ok when there is no wind,
but that should explain a few things

Great oaks from little

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada

"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."

'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow