Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arretose
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056
Like?
Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800
May 10, 2012

I am sorry if those of you that are still waiting for your D800 do not appreciate this post, I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for something in such high demand. Or those of you that are tired of the whole AF issue. Please pass on this post if you fall in above said categories.

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now. While I understand that some of you might not agree with returning new purchased electronics, may I remind you that Nikon supplied a defective unit, and the retailers sold it to me in said condition. This is why retailers have return policies- for defective products. IF they could provide me with a D800 that has NO AF issues, like some people report getting, then I would be happy and content with my purchase. But this has not been my experience with the D800 in numerous experiences.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

To those of you that sent your D800 back to Nikon- does Nikon just fine tune each of the focal points or are they actually replacing faulty AF parts? I have seen conflicting posts suggesting that their invoice shows either or. I contemplate whether the "software" fix is just a patch for a faulty AF (broken hardware) or not.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow