Here's a photo of children I don't know...

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin Layer
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Like?
Re: Here's a photo of children I don't know...
In reply to Gazer, May 10, 2012

Yes, Steve, I agree with you. There were several threats of implied violence, and I found that quite troubling.

What is even more troubling is that these persons didn't mention the best course of action: politely asking the photographer to not take pictures of their children and to delete the ones they'd already taken.

I was at a farmer's market a few weeks ago (a few days after getting my 5D3) and I was snapping pics left and right. A woman ran up to me and ask if I was employed by the market, and I said that I was just taking pictures for myself. I had taken a picture of her child in a stroller, from about 10m away. Honestly, I didn't care about the picture. Anyway, after I answered her question, she proceeded to yell profanity at me. I waited for her to finish and said "it's too bad, all you had to do was ask me nicely to delete the photos and I would have." She launched into more 4 letter words and walked off.

My point is this: be nice, be reasonable, and people will treat you with respect and probably do what you ask.

Act like a jerk (like some of the people on this forum have suggested they would act), and you won't get what you want, and you might get arrested.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow