Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robertj_298
Contributing MemberPosts: 951
Like?
Why the old Pentax istds takes better photos than the E-M5
May 10, 2012

This camera is old, only 6 mp. slow focus slow continuous shooting and pretty much antiquated by today's standards. So why does this camera take better photos than a lot of the new cameras? Because the guy that uses it can't afford to buy a new camera every time the newest latest and greatest model comes out so he uses what he has. He knows how to work around any short comings of his equipment and compensates. He doesn't spend half the day arguing about how his camera is better than your camera because most people haven't even heard of his. He doesn't spend his day waiting tooth and nail for the review of his camera to be posted so he can either brag about how good it is or complain about how bad the review was. Some of the best photos I've seen have come from old 6mp cameras and I don't just mean the Pentax ones. I still remember telling an old timer how great of photos his camera took and his reply was "Its not the camera stupid" I think that still holds true today

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow