I have to laugh at the micro four thirds weight issue

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
klopus
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Oly isn't first tier either
In reply to onlooker, May 10, 2012

onlooker wrote:

Perhaps it's not just weight. Perhaps people just got tired of a dead-end company with no vision that gets passed around from one buyer to another like a third-rate hooker at a Secret Service party?

You don't have to be blatantly offensive to a venerable company with some good products. Oly isn't first tier either.

Then OP was talking about K-5 which is a highly rated camera and not about the company. And then his argument applies to any smallish ASP-C DSLR including the ones from Canikon.

I'm actually a prefect illustration for OP. I had/have K-10 which is substantially bigger and heavier than K-5. Mostly because of the same misplaced idea about weight/size I also bought GF1 with 20 f1.7 and 14-42 and EVF. But I soon found myself going back more and more to K-10 since in reality weight savings weren't that critical when compared like for like, e.g. pancake vs pancake, etc. But GF1 compromises especially in handling (smaller isn't always easier to hold steady) and reduced DOF control and narrower DR were quite noticeable.

-- hide signature --
 klopus's gear list:klopus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow